—- SUBMISSIONS CLOSED —-
IMPORTANT: This section is for those who wish to submit their applications to obtain one of the 30 « official » places to direct a short film as part of the Kabaret. SEVERAL other opportunities of directing, our famous short challenges, will be offered during the Kabaret and which do not require a pre-selection. All subscribed Kabaret participants will be able to take part in the challenges.
Kino Kabaret International de Montréal 2019 is coming soon! Directors, artisans, technicians and actors from around the world will gather from May 7th to 18th, 2019 to produce short films in 72 hours and this always in the spirit of collaboration and friendship. At the end of this race against the clock, the participants present their films to the public. In addition to screenings, at the Kabaret there will also be several professional workshops, master classes and of course parties!
The KinoLab, our headquarters open to all, returns to the magnificent NOMAD (129 avenue Van Horne), coworking space near the Rosemont metro.
– Beginning of submissions for directors: closed
– Deadline to submit: March 1st
– Opening party: May 7th
– Call for actors, technicians, craftsmen and all other production needs, on the stage of the Nomad (open mic): every day at 5:30 pm from May 8th to th 16th
– Closing party: May 18th
The production of short films is divided into 3 blocks of 3 days
– Bloc 1 from May 9 to 11
– Block 2 from May 12 to May 14
– Block 3 from May 15 to 17
The main screenings will take place at Plaza Theater
– Saturday, May 11 – block 1 movies
– Tuesday, May 14 – block 2 movies
– Friday May 17th – block 3 movies
– There are 30 « official » spots available for directing a short film at the Kabaret
– To obtain one of these 30 spots, interested filmmakers must submit their applications by March 1st, 2019
– The final selection of directors will be submitted no later than March 22, 2019.
– Filmmaker’s experience (experience on a film set, filmography …)
– Availability of the filmmaker during the Kabaret (do you just want to make your film or you want to get more involved in the Kabaret experience?)
– Intentions of the filmmaker (why do want to participate in this kabaret?)
THE SELECTED DIRECTORS RECEIVE:
– Coaching and support from the Kabaret team to help you in the production of your short film
– Projection of your film on the big screen at one of the 3 big screenings at Plaza Theater.
– Professional film equipment from our partner MTL GRANDÉ for the shooting of your short film (camera, lighting, sound …)
– Possibility to have other resources (depending on availability) from our partners DRONE STUDIO, LE GRAND COSTUMIER and CASTING WORKBOOK
– Participation in a Speed Casting session
– Priority registration for screenwriting workshops
– Access to the « private » group on Facebook gathering all subscribed Kabaret participants
– Free admission to all the screenings, parties and other special events of Kabaret.
– Free registration (subject to availability) to master classes and professional workshops
- For those selected from abroad, the Kino Kabaret team can help you find accommodation with a local Kabaret participant.
- Meals are served at the KinoLab, but there is an extra charge
- The canteen prepares continental breakfast and full meals for lunch and dinner.
- If you miss a meal time because of a shoot, you can ask in advance to have a meal set aside for later
- Breakfast: no charge for accredited
- Lunch: $ 9
- Dinner: $ 9
- 5 meal card: $ 40
- 10-meal card: $ 75
- 11-day meal card – all meals from May 8th to 18th:
- Special « early bird » until April 26th: $ 99
- Pre-sale from April 27th to May 5th: $ 125
- Regular price from May 6th: $ 150
- Taxes included on all prices
- Prices subject to change without notice
Kino members : 85 $
Regular: $ 150 (this registration automatically grants you the Kino membership for one year)
International registration: $ 85
Taxes included on all prices