KINO KABARET INTERNATIONAL DE MONTREAL 2019
May 7th to the 18th, 2019
Montreal’s International Kino Kabaret is a spontaneous production event that has been held every year since 2001. Directors, artisans, technicians and actors come together to produce short films in 72 hours in the spirit of collaboration.
At the end of this race against the clock, the participants present their films to the public. In addition to screenings, the Kabaret includes several professional workshops, master classes and of course parties! The Montreal Kabaret welcomes artisans from Kino cells around the world to create a unique cinematographic encounter.
KinoLab, our headquarters, returns to the magnificent NOMAD, a coworking space near the Rosemont metro station. The KinoLab will be open to everyone from the opening night on Tuesday, May 7th to the closing party on Saturday, May 18th.
The main screenings will take place at Plaza Theater:
– Saturday, May 11th
– Tuesday, May 14th
– Friday, May 17th
The production of short films is divided into 3 blocks of 3 days:
– Bloc 1 from May 9 to 11
– Block 2 from May 12 to 14
– Block 3 from May 15 to 17
2 TYPES OF ENTRIES
WITH SELECTION PROCESS – Director’s / CLOSED
Filmmakers interested must submit their nominations no later than Friday, March 1st, 2019.
– We are looking for candidates with a minimum of experience who can handle the intensive production of a short film in 72hrs with professional equipment.
– The selected filmmakers will have priority access to all the necessary tools for the production of their films, from filming equipment to post-production logistic support, through search tools, casting, filming locations and more.
– The final selection of directors will be sent no later than Friday, March 22, 2019.
Registration Fee IF SELECTED:
– Kino Member: $ 85
– Regular $ 150 (includes a Kino Member subscription for one year)
– International filmmakers: $ 85
WITHOUT SELECTION PROCESS – Filmmakers, technicians, craftsmen, comedians
Registration opens on March 4th, 2019
– NO SELECTION – all those who want to participate are welcome
– You can also make one (or more) short films as part of the different « challenges »
– Start of registration on March 4, 2019
– Kino members: $ 20
– Regular: 25$
* It is possible to participate in the Kabaret without paying the accreditation fee, BUT in this case you will have to pay your tickets to attend screenings, parties, professional workshops and master class. In addition, you will not have access to various tools that increase your chances of participating in the production of films (directory Casting Workbook, directory of technicians and craftsmen, speed casting, newsletter and « private » group on Facebook). By paying your accreditation, you also contribute to finance the Kabaret which is non-profit.