Kino Kabaret International de Montréal 2019 is coming soon! Directors, artisans, technicians and actors from around the world will gather from May 7th to 18th, 2019 to produce short films in 72 hours and this always in the spirit of collaboration and friendship. At the end of this race against the clock, the participants present their films to the public. In addition to screenings, at the Kabaret there will also be several professional workshops, master classes and of course parties! The KinoLab, our headquarters open to all, returns to the magnificent NOMAD (129 avenue Van Horne), coworking space near the Rosemont metro.
– Beginning of registrations for comedians and technicians: March 4th 2019
– Opening party: May 7th
– Call for actors, technicians, craftsmen and all other production needs, on the stage of the Nomad (open mic): every day at 5:30 pm from May 8th to th 16th
– Closing party: May 18th
The production of short films is divided into 3 blocks of 3 days
– Bloc 1 from May 9 to 11
– Block 2 from May 12 to May 14
– Block 3 from May 15 to 17
The main screenings will take place at Plaza Theater
– Saturday, May 11 – block 1 movies
– Tuesday, May 14 – block 2 movies
– Friday May 17th – block 3 movies
ACTOR / ACTRESS SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
– Coaching and support of the Kabaret team to help you as best as we can to find you a role
– Your profile on Casting Workbook for 4 months.
– Free admission to all the screenings, parties and other special events of the Kabaret.
– Free admission (subject to availability) to master classes and professional workshops
– Access to a Speed Casting session (limited places)
– Access to the « private » group on Facebook gathering all subscribed participants
– Access to certain filming equipment if you wish to participate in one of the directing challenges
- No accommodations are guaranteed
- The Kino Kabaret first try to help the selected filmakers to find accommodations with a local Kabaret participant. Then, the team helps the best we can all other foreign participants to find accommodations during the Kabaret.
- Meals are served at the KinoLab, but there is an extra charge
- The canteen prepares continental breakfast and full meals for lunch and dinner.
- If you miss a meal time because of a shoot, you can ask in advance to have a meal set aside for later
- Breakfast: no charge for accredited
- Lunch: $ 10
- Dinner: $ 10
- 5 meal card: $ 45
- 10-meal card: $ 80
- 11-day meal card – all meals from May 8th to 18th:
- Special « early bird » until May 3th: $ 99
- Regular price from May 4th to May 7th: $ 125
- « Last minute » price from May 8th: $ 150
- Taxes included on all prices
- Prices subject to change without notice
Kino Member: $ 20
Regular: $ 25
Taxes included on all prices
* It is possible to participate in the Kabaret without paying the accreditation fee, BUT in this case you will have to pay your tickets to attend screenings, parties, professional workshops and master class. In addition, you will not have access to various tools that increase your chances of getting a role in one of the films (directory Casting Workbook, directory of technicians and craftsmen, speed casting, newsletter and « private » group on Facebook). By paying your accreditation, you also contribute to finance the Kabaret which is non-profit. Thank you