Kino Kabaret International de Montréal 2019 is coming soon! Directors, artisans, technicians and actors from around the world will gather from May 7th to 18th, 2019 to produce short films in 72 hours and this always in the spirit of collaboration and friendship. At the end of this race against the clock, the participants present their films to the public. In addition to screenings, at the Kabaret there will also be several professional workshops, master classes and of course parties! The KinoLab, our headquarters open to all, returns to the magnificent NOMAD (129 avenue Van Horne), coworking space near the Rosemont metro.
– Beginning of registrations for comedians and technicians: March 4th 2019
– Opening party: May 7th
– Call for actors, technicians, craftsmen and all other production needs, on the stage of the Nomad (open mic): every day at 17:30 from 8 to 16 May
– Closing party: May 18th
The production of short films is divided into 3 blocks of 3 days
– Bloc 1 from May 9 to 11
– Block 2 from May 12 to May 14
– Block 3 from May 15 to 17
The main screenings will take place at Plaza Theater
– Saturday, May 11 – block 1 movies
– Tuesday, May 14 – block 2 movies
– Friday May 17th – block 3 movies
TECHNICIANS SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Coaching and support of the Kabaret team to help you as best as possible to find you a position in the production of a film
- Your profile in the directory of technicians and craftsmen of Kabaret Free admission to all the screenings, parties and other special events of Kabaret.
- Free registration (subject to availability) to master classes and professional workshops
- Access to the « private » group on Facebook gathering all accredited participants
- Access to certain filming equipment if you wish to participate in the realization of a challenge
- No accommodations are guaranteed
- The Kino Kabaret first try to help the selected filmakers to find accommodations with a local Kabaret participant. Then, the team helps the best we can all other foreign participants to find accommodations during the Kabaret.
- Meals are served at the KinoLab, but there is an extra charge
- The canteen prepares continental breakfast and full meals for lunch and dinner.
- If you miss a meal time because of a shoot, you can ask in advance to have a meal set aside for later
- Breakfast: no charge for accredited
- Lunch: $ 10
- Dinner: $ 10
- 5 meal card: $ 45
- 10-meal card: $ 80
- 11-day meal card – all meals from May 8th to 18th:
- Special « early bird » until May 3th: $ 99
- Regular price from May 4th to May 7th: $ 125
- « Last minute » price from May 8th: $ 150
- Taxes included on all prices
- Prices subject to change without notice
Kino Member: $ 20
Regular: $ 25
Taxes included on all prices
IMPORTANT: Despite all the efforts made on our side to help you, Kino Kabaret can not guarantee you a position in the production of one of the films. It’s up to everyone to be pro-active by participating in the various networking activities.
* It is possible to participate in the Kabaret without paying the accreditation fee, BUT in this case you will have to pay your tickets to attend screenings, parties, professional workshops and master class. You will not have access either to the different tools which increase your chances of participating in the production of the films (directory of technicians and craftsmen, newsletter and « private » group on Facebook). In addition, by paying your accreditation, you also contribute to finance the Kabaret which is non-profit. Thank you